The Microsoft Edge web browser has the Bing search engine set as the default search engine. Even if you clear your browsing history from the Edge web browser, when you type a query into Bing next time, it will automatically load a lot of search suggestions. This is because Bing saves everything separately. So, if you want everything cleared from your search history, you need to make sure you've cleared your Bing search history as well. This can be done easily with very few steps. Plus, Bing gives you the ultimate power to decide whether or not to allow logging of your search history. This is as simple as turning a switch on or off. The following steps will guide you to properly delete search history from Bing search engine in Edge web browser.
- First of all, you need to launch the Edge web browser. The next task is to locate the icon file of other actions from the list of options. It can be found in the upper right corner of the Edge browser window.
- Once you find the icon file of other actions, click on it to expand the list of options. At the bottom of the list, you'll find an option called settings. Click on it.
- Now that you've clicked settings, a new list of settings opens up. Among the available options, find the one called See Advanced Settings under Advanced Settings. Click on it to go to the next step.
- Find the Clear Bing Search History link, highlighted in blue in the new list of options, and click on it.
- You will now see a window that says Search History. This is where you will be able to see all the search queries you have made. You can easily delete a specific search or all searches at once from this window.
- The Bing search engine gives you the power to decide whether or not to let it log your search history. By simply clicking a toggle button, you can easily ask bing to log your search history or stop logging altogether. Find the button that says on and off next to the Clear All Link. If you activate this button above then Bing will record your history and if you turn it off then Bing will stop logging history.
- Now, if you want to delete an entry that has already been specifically created, simply find the entry from the search queries that Bing has listed. All you need to do to remove it is to click on the Cross button associated with it.
- And if you're in a hurry and don't have time to delete item by item, there is always the Delete All Link file.
- If you click Clear All, you will be asked to confirm deleting the history. Once you do that too, your entire history will be cleared.
- That is! Are you done. You will now see a dialog box saying that you have successfully cleared all search history.
Hope the article was helpful. And now we know how to do serious searches from Edge Browser without leaving a trace.