Surefire Ways To Improve Battery Life On Windows 10 Laptops: - The main reason people switch from desktops to laptops is the portability feature offered by the latter. Laptops are easy to carry, they are lighter in weight, and most importantly, they have a built-in battery that allows you to work with them without having to plug them in all the time. So what if this same factor disappears? What if you have to plug in your laptop all the time while you work? Wow, then you can call your laptop a desktop computer. However, don't worry. We have a wide range of solutions for your problem. Read on to learn how to save battery power efficiently so you can work on your laptops for a long time before the battery runs out right in front of you.
Way 1: change the battery saving settings
- Launch application settings by clicking the windows icon as shown in the screenshot.
- When the settings application starts, click on the option named System.
- From the left panel of the System window that opens, find and click on the option called Battery Saver. Now, in the right window pane, you will see a section with the same name. Look for a toggle button that says Power saver is currently to turn it on. Then click on the link that says Battery Saving Settings.
- A new window called BATTERY SAVING SETTINGS opens. You can configure the settings according to your preferences in this window.
Way 2: reduce the brightness of the screen
- Launch application settings and then click on the option called System just like before.
- Now from the left pane of the window choose the option called Monitor. In the right window pane, you can adjust the brightness level by moving the slider. The brighter the screen, the higher the battery consumption.
Way 3: disable background apps
- Click on the Privacy option of the app settings.
- Click on Background App from the left panel of the Privacy window. In the right window pane, you can prevent unwanted applications from running in the background. The more applications that run in the background, the greater the drain on the battery.
Way 4: change the power on and off settings
- Find the option called Energy and Sleep from the left panel of the System window. Now, in the right pane, you can configure the settings according to your preferences to save battery power.
Way 5 - Turn off Cortana
- Cortana is great. But she is a battery eater. So, if you feel that your battery doesn't last long since you upgraded to Windows 10, you might want to try turning off your personal assistant. You can do this by clicking on the gear icon and then turning off the corresponding button Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more as shown in the screenshot.
That is. Even the worst battery can last a long time if used in the best way. Try these methods today. I hope you enjoyed reading the article.