Windows 10 has a built-in feature that allows you to mount an image file without any third party application. However, some Windows 10 users have recently complained about a problem with mounting disk image on their devices. They get the message “The disk image file is corrupt” while trying to mount an image file on their device. If you have the same problem on your device, don't worry. Follow these fixes on your device and your problem will be easily solved. But before proceeding with the solutions, try these initial solutions which can fix your problem with minimal effort.
1. Try mounting another .iso / .img file on your computer.
2. Check if there are any pending Windows updates or not. If there are any pending updates, install them and, after the update, try to mount the image file on your computer again.
3. Use any other ISO mounting tools
If any of these solutions didn't work for you, try these solutions:
Fix-1 Download the file again-
This error usually occurs if the file is damaged. This usually occurs when the download is not complete or is interrupted due to some network connection problem. It is best if you re-download the file to your computer. A new download will ensure that there are no damaged or missing parts in the file.
Try mounting the file on your computer again. Move on to the next solution if you can't mount it.
Fix-2- Disassemble unnecessary drives-
If you have mounted multiple .iso images on your computer, unmount them. This process has proven beneficial for many users facing the same problem. After unmounting unnecessary drives, try mounting the file again.
This time you should be able to mount the .iso file.
Fix-3 Check system files
1. You can easily open the Run terminal press Tasto Windows + R.
2. In the Run window, type "cmd"And then click"all right".
2. To run DISM you must copy Yup paste this command and press Pay in to run it.
DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / RestoreHealth
Please wait a moment for the process to complete.
3. Now, copy Yup paste this command in the System Symbol window again, and knocks Pay in.
sfc / scannow
Take up again your computer.
After rebooting, try again to mount the file on your computer. If the problem persists, try using a third party application to mount the file on your computer.
Fix-4 Try using a third party application
If nothing works for you, try using a third party application on your computer. There are many applications available to mount the file on your computer. We will recommend Daemon Tools Lite. After installing the third party application, try to mount the file with the installed application.
You will no longer face mistakes.