Windows 10 would now become an integral part of your digital life. All the features and improvements developed exclusively in Windows 10 are, in fact, very attractive. One of its main features is the system file checker or SFC. It is mainly used to perform a thorough scan of the entire PC file system. This can easily detect any damaged files and missing file contents. Whenever you find that a file does not open properly or there is corruption in the file downloaded by browsers, you need to scan it or reset your browser. This can happen mainly due to network traffic congestion or file viruses. Also, another cause could be due to a bad service running behind the Windows module installer.
To overcome these problems, a very simple way is to open the command prompt in Administrator mode. Once the window opens, type the command sfc /scannow. The scan starts immediately and you will have to wait about 5 minutes for the verification phase to complete. But many times you do this, I get an error listed below.
"Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"
Here I will show you how to deal with these situations. After following the steps below, the error will never occur again. Also, the scan will run successfully as expected.
STEPS TO OVERCOME SYSTEM FILE CHECK ERROR
- Press the Windows + X keys together. This will open up a number of options. You will have to choose the option Command Prompt (Admin) to open in administrator mode. Alternatively, by typing cmd in the search bar, right-click on the command prompt and choose the option Run as administrator it will work too.
Right click on the command prompt and run it as administrator.
- Once the Command Prompt opens, if it asks you for your username and password, type it in and hit the Enter key. This grants permissions to the administrator to make changes to the system.
- Now type the command given below and hit the Enter key. when you do, you should get a success message.
sc config trustinstaller start = auto.
This command is used to start the software verification program installer.
- Again, you will need to type the following command given below and hit the Enter key. You will now receive a message about the successful start of the scheduled service.
net start trustinstaller
- Type the command SFC / scannow. It will start working properly without showing any errors.
I hope this article is useful to you!