If you see an error message "The file is too large for the target file system'on the computer when trying to transfer a file from the computer to the removable media device, the error is due to an incorrect format of the drive. Generally, if your flash drive is formatted in FAT32 format, it will not support the transfer of files larger than 4GB. Just follow these instructions to properly format your NTFS format device and the problem will be solved very easily.
Fix-1 Convert the format of the pen drive to another-
If you have something important and want to format your device without losing any data, follow these steps:
1. Press Windows key + E.
2. In the File Browser window, click "What PC" On the left side.
3. Now take a good look at the USB drive letter.
(Example- For us, the drive letter of the USB device is "F:").
Close Window File Browser.
4. Click the Windows icon and then type "cmd".
5. After that, the right mouse button on him "Symbol of the systemt "and then click"Run as administrator".
System symbol with administrative rights will open.
6. To change the drive storage format, run this code.
CONVERT DRIVE LETTER /FS:NTFS /NOSECURITY
[Notes– Change the ‘DRIVE LETTER‘ with the drive letter of the usb device on your computer.
Example- In our case, the command will look something like this – CONVERT F: /FS: NTFS /NO SECURITY ]
Please wait a moment to complete the conversion process.
Close Window system symbol.
After closing the System Symbol file, try to transfer the files again. If the problem continues to bother you, you need to format it by following the next solution.
Fix-2 Format la tua pen drive su NTFS-
Formatting your flash drive in NTFS format will remove file size restrictions.
1. Press Windows key + E to open the File Browser.
2. Now, in the File Browser opens, you need to click on “What PC".
3. Now the right mouse button on the pendrive and click on "Format“To start formatting the drive.
4. In the Format window, click on "File System" and select "NTFS"From the drop-down list, then click"Home“To start the formatting process.
It will take some time to complete the formatting process.
After formatting the USB device, check if you can transfer the file.