Some Windows 10 users attempting to import batches of photos from their computer to their iPhone complain of a problem of 'Photos app crashes on your devices'. If you are ultimately experiencing the same situation, don't worry. In this article, we will discuss some tricks and solutions that will be able to fix the problem on your computer. But before trying the fixes on your computer, you might want to try these solutions and see if they offer an easier solution to your problem.
1. If this is the first time you come across this kind of situation, start again the computer and the iPhone. After restarting both of them, connect them with a USB cable and try to import the photos again.
2. In case you import a large number of photos to your iPhone at a time, consider importing a smaller number at a time (100-150 photos at a time).
3. Try connecting the iPhone to another USB port on your computer and try to import the photos.
4. Keep iPhone unlocked. If a message "Trust this computer?"On your iPhone, just tap"Confidence".
5. Check for pending updates on your computer or iPhone. If there are any pending updates, let Windows update your computer. After updating, try to import the photos again.
If any of these fixes didn't work for you, look for these solutions:
Fix-1 Keep original size-
Sometimes automatic image decompression can cause this problem. Simply tweaking your iPhone's Settings can fix this problem-
1. In the list of applications installed on your iPhone, find and tap “Settings".
2 inch Settings window, scroll down and tap "Photography".
3 inch Photos configuration, in the option "Transfer to MAC or PC"And then select"Keep the originals”To keep the images intact.
Now, try transferring some Windows pictures to your iPhone again. Your problem should be solved.
Fix-2 Riavvia Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) –
Restarting Apple Mobile Device Service can fix this problem on your computer.
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Running window. Now press "services.msc“And hit Pay. Services window will open.
2 inch Services window, scroll down to find "Apple Mobile Device Service"And double click In that.
3 inch Apple Mobile Service Properties window, click "To stop”To stop the service on your computer.
4. Now click on "Begin”To start the service. Then click on "Type of departure:" choose "Automatic“In the drop-down menu. Now finally click on “Request"And"all right”To save the changes on your computer.
Try sending some images from Windows again. Check if you still have the problem or not.
Fix-3 Import Photos from Drive-
If you are having this problem when using iTunes on Windows, try transferring photos from your computer to phone storage directly as a drive.
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
2. Press Windows key + E open File Browser on your computer. Go to "images”Location and select and copy the images you want to transfer.
3. Now on the left side of File Browser, click on "What PC”To view the iPhone as a drive on the computer. Double click on him "i phone”To access the files.
If a message "Trust this computer?“On your iPhone, you may need to enable the computer. Just touch "Confidence".
3. Again double click on him "Shared internal memory”To view files and folders on your iPhone.
4. Under Shared internal storage, scroll down to find the "DCIMFile “. Dough the images in this folder.
This process may take some time depending on the size of the files. You should be able to move images from your computer to iPhone.
Fix-4 Take ownership of the image folder
You may encounter this error if your account name is not listed as the owner of the Photography folder on your computer.
1. Open File Browser by pressing Windows key + E. Now, the right mouse button on him "images"And then click"Property".
2 inch Image Properties window, go to "Safety"Card" and then click "Advanced“Option at the bottom of the Properties window.
3 inch Advanced Security Settings for Window Images click "Modify"Next to" Owner: ". Just click on "Yup“If prompted User Account Control Excuse me.
4. In the Select User or Groups window, just click "Advanced"option.
5. Then click on "Find now"And in the list of groups and users, find your administrative account and select your account name and finally click"all right".
6. You should see your account name in the “Enter the object name to select:“. Then click on "all right”To save the changes on your computer.
7. In the Advanced Sharing Settings window, select both options "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects"And"Replace all child object's permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object". Finally, click on "Request"And"all right”To save the changes on your computer.
8. Again, in the Photography Properties window, go to “Safety"Card" and then click "Advanced"option.
9. In the Advanced Sharing Settings window, click "Add”To enter and select a start for the folder.
10. In the Entry Permission window, click "Select a director”To add some control parameters to the account.
11. In the Select User or Groups window, click "Advanced"option.
12. Click on 'Find now“Card and find yours Username. Select your account name and click "all right".
13. Your account should be seen in the section “Enter the name of the object to select:“. Click on "all right”To save the changes on your computer.
14. Going back to Window Entry Permit, check "Total controlOn the 'Basic Permissions:' tab. Then check "Apply these permissions only to objects and / or containers within this container". Finally, click on "all right”To save the changes on your computer.
If you receive a warning message, write it by clicking on "Yup".
15. Finally, in the last step, in Advanced sharing settings click on the window "Request"And"all right”To save the changes on your computer.
Restart computer to save the changes to your computer.
Fix-5 Repair or Restore Photos-
Repair or restore the Photographs The application can solve this problem.
1. Press Tasto Windows + I open Window Settings. Click on "Applications".
2. Click on 'App and features"In the left pane of the Settings window, then on the right side, scroll down the application list and click"Photography"And finally click"Advanced options".
3. Now click on "Restart“To restore the Photos to the default state.
Restart computer to save the changes to your computer.
Fix-6 Run System Restore on your computer-
Do you have this problem for only a few days? Did it work well before? If the answer is yes, you should try to perform a system restore from an earlier date where the problem did not occur.
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Run, and now write "sysdm.cpl“, And it hits Pay in. The System Properties window will open.
2 inch System Properties window, click "System protection"Card" and then click "System recovery". Then click on "Choose a different restore point". Then click on "next".
3.In the next window, choose a System restore point when the error was not there. Then click on "next".
6. Finally, click on "To finish”To finalize the process. This will be start again the system and once booted, it will be restored to an earlier date.
After restarting, the computer tries to transfer Windows photos to your iPhone. Your problem should be solved.