Print Screen is a simple solution to allow users to take a screenshot anywhere on the desktop in Windows 10. But if "Print screenYour keyboard is not working properly, follow these solutions to solve your problem very easily. The problem with the print screen can occur due to hardware problems (keyboard driver problem or key not working) or some software problems (functional key mode, software problem running in background). But, before moving on to the solutions, look for these solutions initially to try some simpler solutions to the problem.
1. Try these key combinations to see if they work:
a. Ctrl + tasto Windows + PrtSc
B. Ctrl + PrtSc
C. Fn + PrtSc.
Try pressing these keys to take a screenshot and paste them into Painting.
Typically, the default location for screenshots is:
C: Users Images Screenshots
[ "C:” is the Windows installation drive . May differ computer to computer.]
2. Check if your keyboard has Flock key which can disable the function of hotkeys on your computer. If enabled, disable it.
3. Restart your computer. If this problem occurs due to temporary files, it will be fixed.
4. Check if Windows is up to date or not from Settings. Updating Windows will prevent errors and glitches that can cause this problem.
If any of these solutions didn't work for you, look for these solutions:
Fix 1 - Adjust Onedrive settings
1. Right-click on a guide in the taskbar at the bottom right and click settings.
2. Click Back form.
3. Check Automatically save captured screenshots in OneDrive Option.
If it is checked, then deselect and later check another time.
Now try again.
Fix-2 Close some particular programs -
1. Sometimes there may be other programs on your PC, which may have taken control of the PrntScrn hotkey. Try completing the task for those programs or uninstall those programs from your PC
therefore, closing some particular programs on your computer can solve this problem.
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager window.
2 inch Task Manager window, in the running processes list, scroll down to find one of these applications-
or any recently installed Software, which may be responsible for this.
3. Go to Details tab and alphabetically select these programs one by one if they exist.
4. Right-click and choose final task.
The right mouse button in any of the above-mentioned applications in Task Manager and then click on "Final task”To finalize the process.
Close the Task Manager window.
Restart your computer. After restarting your computer, check if you can take a screenshot with the Wrench Print Screen.
Fix-3 Update the keyboard driver-
Updating the keyboard driver can fix this problem.
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Run and then write "devmgmt.msc“And hit Pay in to open the Device Administrator on your computer.
2 inch Device Administrator window, expand "keyboards"And later the right mouse button in your computer keyboard driver and click "Update Driver“To update the driver.
3. Now when prompted 'How do you want to find the drivers?' Click on "Automatically searches for updated driver software".
Please wait, as Windows will find the latest driver version for your computer and install it on your computer.
4. If you see a message that says "The best driver for your device is already installed" click on "Check for updated drivers in Windows Update".
The latest driver for your keyboard will be installed along with the Windows update.
Restart your computer. After restarting your computer, try taking a screenshot on your computer.
Fix-4 Use Windows + Shift + S keys together
Simultaneously press the Windows + Shift + S keys from your keyboard. This will create a screenshot area tool and simply drag an area you want to take screenshots for.
Using Screen Clipping Tool is a very simple process and can be proven to be an equal, if not better, alternative when it comes to taking a screenshot on your computer.
1. close Crop tool in the Windows 10 search box.
2. Now select a square area you want to take a screenshot of. Just stick it The paint or Crop and draw.
What Screen Crop allows you to decide the area of the screen to be cropped, it is much better than a normal Print Screen operation.
Your problem should be solved.
Fix-5 Clean Boot Your Computer-
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Running. Now type "msconfig"And then click"all right". System Configuration window will open.
2. Now in the System Configuration window, click on “general"Tab and then" deselect the box next to "Load startup items"option. After that, make sure that "Charging system services"It simply came to our notice then checked.
3 inch System Configuration window, click "Services"form. After that, check the "Hide all Microsoft services"And then check the"Disable everything“Option in System Configuration window. Finally, click on "Request"And"all right”To save the changes on your computer.
Four. Restart your computer.
A clean boot of the computer will ensure that Windows boots only with the necessary drivers. Try taking a screenshot of the screen and check if the problem is solved or not.