One of the best additions to the Windows operating system, starting with the Windows 8 version, has been the Store app. In the Windows Store there are many applications that have made life easier, whether in the area of health, finance, education, books or games. In addition, these are available on smartphones equipped with a Windows operating system. But recently, an error was noticed while using the Store. Whenever I open the Store to download something, I get a connection error. Along with it, the code associated with the error is automatically displayed as well.If you encounter an error it says
Check your connection, the error code is 0x800073EFD
then you don't have to panic. This is a common error, the reason for which is the poor connection to the server.
Read also: Resolved! Windows 10 Store message “This app has encountered a problem. Reinstall it to fix it
In this article, I will walk you through the various tips that you can follow while the error appears. They can occur when you open the app Store, try to download something from it, or update. This error manifests itself in network connectivity problems from the customer to the store services.
TIPS FOR ADDRESSING THE CONNECTION ERROR CODE 0x800073EFD
It could be due to some temporary problem occurring in the Windows Store itself. This can be easily fixed by simply refreshing the page or reconnecting the network. Now try downloading something from the Store and see if it works.
Make sure you have the latest Windows updates available. This can be captured by choosing Settings >> Updates and Security and get information about the latest updates.
Disable the firewall or any anti-virus software installed on the system, for a specified period of time. They may block certain connections to provide more security to the device. Check if the Store works once deactivated.
To learn more, read the Disable firewall link.
Open the registry editor by typing regedit in the text box of Run and follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the location listed below, which appears in the left pane of the window that appears. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion NetworkList Profiles
- Right click on profiles e scegli l'opzione permits. In the window that appears, choose Advanced.
- Now check the option 'Replace all child object authorization entries with inheritable authorization entries from this object'. Now, hit the Apply button.
- Restart the system to open the Store again.
Make sure the date setting on your system is correct. To achieve this, go to Date and time settings e scegli l'opzione Set the time automatically.
If the above methods don't help, deleting the contents of the software distribution folder can be of great help. To open it, choose windows C: drive folder and click the option Software distribution. Delete all content there.
Another option would be to run the built-in troubleshooters available on your system. It can be the Network Card Troubleshooter or the Internet Connection Troubleshooter. See if they help you.
- To open Fireman from the Start menu.
- Click on the option Network and internet.
- In the window that appears, click on the option Internet connections under Network and try to detect problems by choosing The next in the window that appears.
- It will detect problems and fix them if they are found.
Clearing the system cache can be one way to deal with the problem. The system cache contains all files and folders that are accessed frequently. Problems may have crept in due to the limited amount of system memory available. To find out how to clear the system cache, read the article Clear the cache.
Try one of the methods above to fix the problem. Hope you found this article helpful!