There are several unexplored shortcuts that the new Windows 10 has caused, along with its other features. One of these shortcuts is associated with shutting down Windows. In the current scenario, to shut down the system, you may need to go to Start, click the Power button, choose the Shut Down option from the menu, and wait for the shutdown to finish. Don't you think it takes some time? Just consider one scenario. You and your friends are browsing a certain website when your boss suddenly walks into your room. If you use unusual methods to shut down your system quickly, your files may be damaged. Wouldn't it be great if shutdown could be done with a single key press? There are several possible shortcuts with which you can complete the shutdown process in seconds.
The following article looks at the best ways to shut down your PC in no time. It is a lot of fun to work with these shortcuts, and once you get used to it, it will be difficult to refrain from using them. Read on to explore new things!
THE BEST SHORTCUTS TO TURN OFF YOUR PC IN A FEW SECONDS
METHOD 1: REPROGRAMMING THE POWER BUTTON
Usually the PC turns off when the power button is pressed. Here, we will reprogram the power button so that every time you press the power button on your PC, it shuts down immediately. This configuration requires the following steps.
- Hold down the Windows key + X. When you do this, you'll find a number of options. Choose the one called Power options. This opens it in the control panel.
- In the window that opens, you will find towards the left panel, an option Choose what the power button does. As below screenshot shown, click on it.
- In the window that appears, you will find the option When I press the power button in the right panel. Choose the option Shutdown from the drop-down menu and click Save the changes option.
That's all. This automatically shuts down your PC when you press the power button.
You can also create a desktop shortcut for a quick shutdown
What if we have a shortcut for the shutdown process on our desktop? Let's see how it can be done.
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop, choose the file New option and click Shortcut.
- A new window called Create a shortcut In the location field provided below, type the command below and press The next. % windir% system32 shutdown.exe -s -t 0
- Name the shortcut shutdown in the next window and click To finish button.
- You will find the shutdown shortcut created on the desktop by double clicking on the one that shuts down the system.
METHOD 3: USE THE KEYBOARD TO TURN OFF
There are two ways to shut down the system immediately with keyboard shortcuts.
You will need to press the button Windows key + D which minimizes all open tabs on the system. Now press the button Alt + F4 key. A window will appear asking what do you want the computer to do? To choose Shutdown option from the drop-down menu and press OK. This automatically saves your incomplete activities on your system.
If you want the shutdown process to happen immediately, click Windows + X , Followed by O key that will be followed by the again O key on the keyboard. This redirects to the Shutdown loading process on your system.
I hope you enjoyed reading the article. Try them.