Cortana has now become popular with Windows 10 users. This new feature simplified the calculation by presenting digital voice commands to search for information. It offers your users a personalized experience and brings them closer to their PC. All you have to do is select the microphone at the bottom of the search bar and ask Cortana questions. This helps you manage calendars, set up reports, search the web, manage files, and more.
If Cortana is capable of both, I expect it to perform some basic tasks as well. The most used functions on your PC are Shut Down, Restart and Log Off. We have already talked about the shortcut methods to instantly shut down your PC by pressing the power button in the article Shut down your Windows PC. The article provided here goes a step further by delving into Cortana's features. Based on the voice commands, these tasks can be easily performed.
Read also: - How to automatically shut down a Windows PC after a specified period of time
To learn more about how Cortana performs them, dive into the article and explore more about the new Windows 10.
STEPS TO STOP, RESTART AND EXIT WITH CORTANA
Turn off your Windows 10 PC
- First of all, make sure you have Cortana fully set up on your system. If so, provided you open Settings from Search bar, it will appear as shown in the screenshot below.
As shown, the microphone is available in the search bar if Cortana is fully enabled.
- Now, you will need to follow the location given below in the installation drive C.
Replace Your username with your PC username.
Final report: - If the Appdata folder does not appear, it may be hidden. Click on View , then Choices and so see tab to check shows hidden files and folders to see it.
- In the newly opened folder, we will create a new link. Right-click anywhere on the screen and choose the option Create a shortcut da New.
- In the window that appears, you will need to type the following command in the text box requesting the location.
10 indicates that the shutdown process will only begin after a 10 second delay. Click on The next button at the bottom once you're done.
- In the next window, provide the link name as To deactivate and click To finish button.
- Now, click on the microphone icon provided in the search bar at the bottom of the desktop.
- Now say Open Shutdown. This automatically starts the shutdown process.
Reboot the Windows 10 PC
- As mentioned above, make sure Cortana is working properly and go to the location,
C: drive Users Your username AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs.
To complete the reboot process, you will need to type the new link location such as shutdown.exe -r . -R indicates reboot.
- Name the link Restart as shown below and press the Finish button.
- To perform the PC restart process, click microphone provided to the right of the search bar at the bottom of the desktop.
- Say Hello cortana, followed by telling him,Open Restart. This will start the reboot process immediately, once the reboot link is detected.
Exit the Windows 10 PC
- After navigating to the location mentioned in the previous steps, type the location of the new link as
Click on The next once you are done.
- You will need to name this link as Log out and click To finish button.
- Here, to complete the logout process, click on the microphone at the bottom and speak Hello cortana followed by Open Exit.You will see the computer start its logout process.