You are looking for a guide who can explain you in detail what is Facebook Shops? Very well, you found it! In this in-depth analysis we will show you the whole procedure to succeed in your intent.
These are not long or complex procedures: in a few simple steps you will have reached your goal and you will understand what the proposal is Facebook Shop. Here are all the instructions you need, happy reading!
What is Facebook Shops
Inaugurated during the lockdown that affected the whole world, Facebook Shops is the new service offered by Mark Zuckerberg's group. It is a set of tools designed to help businesses sell their products using the Facebook e Instagram.
In case you are wondering what is Facebook Shops and how it works, in the next lines we will tell you everything in detail. Through this service you can create a small customized online store, from which you can manage all aspects of the sale, from the list of products to their prices, as well as deliveries, returns and disputes.
In a few simple steps, the administrator of the company page will be able to change the graphic appearance of the respective shops (including colors and a personalized cover image). In the USA it is already possible to conclude the sale directly from Facebook and Instagram, while in the other countries purchases can be concluded on the company's e-commerce site.
The latter can be accessed via an ad hoc button located within the Shop. Having said that, take a few minutes of free time: we are sure that, once you have finished reading the article, you will have a clearer picture of everything. But no more delay, are you ready? Perfect, let's go!
Requirements to create a shop on Facebook Shops
As we said in the previous lines, creating an online store on the Facebook Shops platform is not difficult at all. However, there is an important aspect to underline: there are requirements that must be met. We list them below:
- Facebook business page: it is an essential requirement to own one and be an administrator. This also applies to Instagram
- Belonging to categories related to trade, such as "Retail company". To frame your page in this sense, using the PC you have to go to the Settings and then to Information on the page, while from your smartphone presses on "Other" and then on "Edit the page" and "Information on the page".
- You must have a computer: Facebook Shops can only be created from PC at this time
After this quick overview of the requirements, we can now go and discover in more detail how Facebook Shops works.
How to create a shop on Facebook Shops
If you meet all the requirements we talked about in the previous paragraph, then you can immediately create your first online store using Facebook Shops. Also in this case, we explain everything point by point:
- Shop creation: go to your Facebook page, then in the left sidebar click on the item "Shop"(If you don't see it, look at the requirements!). Once this is done, put the check mark next to "I accept the terms and regulations for sellers" and click on the "Continue" button. Now you can indicate your preferred purchase method, that is by sending a message or through the company's e-commerce website. To complete the creation of the online store, click on the "Continue" button that appears, then specify the currency to use for purchases and click on the "Save" button.
- Customization of the shop: click on the item "Describe what [page name] sells”And indicates the nature of the products you sell on the page. Save your changes to confirm everything.
- Adding products: now you can add your first item for sale. Just click on "Add a product". Fill out the form with the information relating to the item for sale and then specify whether you want to share the product on the page automatically, make it visible or not and indicate the conditions of the product (whether it is new, refurbished, etc.). Finally, click on the "Add a product" button.
Once this is done, you can / will have to spend a few minutes managing products, catalogs and orders. The procedure in this sense is not complex, but it is only a bit long. It is worth it though, because afterwards you will have a neat and clean shop from all points of view.
How to manage a shop on Facebook Shops
As for the management of the online store you have just created, first click on the button "Add products". Once you have finished with the list of products to add, click on the "Save" button.
In case you want to opt for an even more detailed management, click on "Manage catalogs" and then on "Products". You can also advertise some products: just go to the "Product group" section and then click on the "Advertise a set of products".
Using the Publishing Tools you can switch to order management (as well as to product management). To access it, just click on the homonymous item (you can find it in the upper bar of the page), then on "Shop" and click on the wording "Orders" to view the status of the orders.
What is Facebook Shops: conclusions
You should now have a complete and comprehensive overview of what is Facebook Shops. We just have to say goodbye and make an appointment for the next one, in the hope that our guide has been useful to you in practice. Soon!
You may also be interested in:
How to create avatars on Facebook
How to make direct on Facebook
How to write bold on Facebook