Is Photos App Not Working on Your Windows 10 Device? If your answer is "YupAnd are you looking for a solution to this problem, then you are in the right place. The reasons behind the error can be many, just follow the instructions in this article and the problem will be solved in no time. Before moving on to the main solutions, you should try these solutions to see if they offer easier help.
1. Restart your system and check if you are facing the same or not.
2. Check for Windows Earring Update. Sometimes crucial patches are delivered via Windows Update.
If the problem continues to bother you, look for these solutions:
Fix-1 Restore Photo App
1. Click in the search box and type "App and features".
2. Next, you need to click on "App and features“In the search result.
3. Scroll down the Settings window, click “Photography"And then click"Advanced options".
4. Now click on "Restart”To restore the application.
Restart your computer.
Once Photos application restarts, try opening Photos application on your computer.
Now open Microsoft Store, search Photos at Microsoft app and if you get a reinstall option that's it reinstall Microsoft Photos app from there.
Fix-2 runs the app troubleshooter
The app troubleshooter will detect any kind of problem with the Photos app and attempt to fix it.
1. Press Tasto Windows + I to open the settings window.
2. Now click on "Update and security”In the settings window.
2. In the settings window, you need to click on "Solve problems".
3. Scroll down to window settings and on the right side click "Windows Store App". Then click on "Run the troubleshooter".
4. The troubleshooter will run on your computer and will detect any type of application problem and suggest solutions to the problem.
5. Click on 'The nextTo try the probable solution to your problem.
Your computer will restart.
Fix-3 Reinstall Photos App-
Reinstalling the application may solve your problem.
1. By pressing the key Windows key With 'R'keyboard key on Run window will open.
2. Here, you need to type this command and click on "all right".
3. To remove the Photo package, type this command under Power of the shell and hit Pay in.
Get-AppxPackage *photo* | Remove-AppxPackage
Close Power of the window shell.
Restart computer to save the changes to your computer.
4. Open Microsoft Store on your computer.
5. When the Microsoft Store window opens, click the search box, then type "Photography".
6. Click on 'Photos at Microsoft".
7. In the next window, under Microsoft Photos, click on "Obtain“Install” Photographs on your computer.
Photographs Will be installed.
After re-installing the Photos application, the problem will be solved.
Fix-4 Install updates in MS Store
1. Open Microsoft Store
2. Click Download and update icon located at the top right of the MS Store screen
3. Click Update everything now.
Allow all products to be updated in the Microsoft store. If Microsoft Photo needs an update, it will also be updated and the error will be corrected automatically.
Fix 5: use registry fix
This is a registry-level fix and restores the old Windows 7 photo viewer app on Windows 10.
1. Press Tasto Windows + R open RUN.
2. Write regedit on it and click all right.
3. Once the Registry Editor is open, it is best to make a backup by clicking on File and then Export.
Now, after the backup, follow the steps below.
4. Open Notepad.
5. Copy the registration code provided below and paste it into your notepad.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTjpegfileshellopen] "MuiVerb"=hex(2):40,00,25,00,50,00,72,00,6f,00,67,00,72,00,61,00,6d,00,46,00, 69,00,6c,00,65,00,73,00,25,00,5c,00,57,00,69,00,6e,00,64,00,6f,00,77,00,73, 00,20,00,50,00,68,00,6f,00,74,00,6f,00,20,00,56,00,69,00,65,00,77,00,65,00, 72,00,5c,00,70,00,68,00,6f,00,74,00,6f,00,76,00,69,00,65,00,77,00,65,00,72, 00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,2c,00,2d,00,33,00,30,00,34,00,33,00,00,00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTjpegfileshellopencommand] @=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25, 00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,72,00,75,00, 6e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,33,00,32,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,20,00,22,00,25, 00,50,00,72,00,6f,00,67,00,72,00,61,00,6d,00,46,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,73,00, 25,00,5c,00,57,00,69,00,6e,00,64,00,6f,00,77,00,73,00,20,00,50,00,68,00,6f, 00,74,00,6f,00,20,00,56,00,69,00,65,00,77,00,65,00,72,00,5c,00,50,00,68,00, 6f,00,74,00,6f,00,56,00,69,00,65,00,77,00,65,00,72,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c, 00,22,00,2c,00,20,00,49,00,6d,00,61,00,67,00,65,00,56,00,69,00,65,00,77,00, 5f,00,46,00,75,00,6c,00,6c,00,73,00,63,00,72,00,65,00,65,00,6e,00,20,00,25, 00,31,00,00,00
6. Now click Fillet and then click Save eat.
7. Name this file photofix.reg
8. Choose All files sopra Save as type.
9. Click Save.
10. Now right-click on photofix.reg, which you just created and click Merge.
11. Now, right-click on any image and click To open with, then click Choose another app.
12. Now select Windows Photo Viewer of the list.
If nothing helps, you can try other third party alternatives like IrfanView etc.