Some Windows 10 users are complaining of a problem they are facing with the Windows update processes. According to them, when they try to run Windows Update Troubleshooter to fix the update related issues on the computer, the troubleshooter can fix the other problems except this one "Databases in Windows Update'error. If you eventually run into the same problem, don't worry. Follow the steps described in this article and the problem will be solved very easily. But, before looking for bigger solutions, you should try these solutions on your computer to try some simpler solutions to the problem.
1. Restart computer and after restarting Windows update run the troubleshooter again.
2. Temporarily disable antivirus and firewall on your computer. Also, try updating Windows. Check if the error continues to bother you.
Look for these solutions if any of these solutions didn't work for you-
Fix-1 Rename Software Distribution Folder-
Renaming the Software Distribution folder on your computer will solve this problem for sure. Follow these steps carefully:
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Running.
2. Now type "cmd“And then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter have lunch System symbol with administrative rights.
3. At first, you need to stop some services running on your computer. To do it copy paste these commands in CMD window and knocks Log in to perform them one by one.
net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver
4. To rename the main folders, as before, copy paste these commands in CMD window and knocks Log in.
ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 catroot2.old
5. Now all that remains is to resume those interrupted services. Copy these commands from here one at a time and hit Enter after pasting them.
net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
Once all the commands are running on your computer, close the System Symbol window.
Restart your computer to save the changes to your computer.
After restarting your computer, check if you are still getting Windows Update Database error on your computer.
Fix-2 Run SFC and DISM scan on your computer-
Running a SFC Y DISM Scan on your computer can fix this problem.
1. Digita “cmd“Next to the Windows icon.
2. Then what you need to do is the right mouse button on him "Symbol of the system"And then click"Run as administration".
3. Once System Symbol window appears, copy paste these lines in CMD and then press Log in after each of them to perform them in sequence.
sfc /scannow DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Wait for these scans to complete on your computer.
Restart the computer to complete the process.
After reboot, check if you are still facing Failed to update database or not. Your problem should be solved.
Fix-3 Clean boot your computer-
Clean boot of your computer can help you fix this problem on your computer.
1. I know if I preme Windows key and the 'R'key, to run the terminal will appear.
2. Then on that run window, you have to type "msconfig"And then click"ok".
System Configuration window will open.
3. When the System Configuration window opens, go to the "generalEyelash ".
4. Hence, tick brand the option "Charging system servicesBy clicking on it.
5. You need to make sure that the box next to the "Load startup items“It remains vacant.
6. Now go to "ServicesEyelash ". Here at the beginning check the "Hide all Microsoft services"setting.
7. After that, you should click on “Disable everything”In the System Configuration window.
8. Finally, click on "To apply"Y"ok“To save the changes.
Restart your computer to clean boot mode.
In clean boot mode, please try to check if you are still getting Windows Update Database error on your computer or not. Your problem should be solved.