Some Windows 10 users complain of a problem with the Your Phone application in Windows 10. According to them, the notification functions, as well as the automatic synchronization process, do not work on their computer. If you are facing similar type of problem with your phone, don't worry. Follow these solutions on your computer and the problem will disappear in no time. But before continuing, be sure to try some simpler solutions to this problem.
Initial provisional solutions-
1. Check the battery level on your smartphone and do the same with your laptop. Enabling power saving mode on any of these devices can limit background activity, which in turn hinders the performance of your phone.
2. If you are facing this problem for the first time, start again phone and computer and check if the problem is solved.
3. Check for pending updates for your phone in the Microsoft Store. Update the application if necessary.
4. Make sure 'Do not bother'is disabled on your phone. Along with that, notifications from 'Your Phone' have been enabled on your phone.
If any of these solutions didn't work for you, look for these solutions on your computer
Fix-1 Enable sharing between devices-
1. Click Search next to the Windows icon and type “Share between devices". Now click on "Share between devices“In the high search result.
2. Low Shared experience sin Window settings, toggle "Shared between devices" for "SU".
Now check if your phone is working or not.
Fix-2 Check if you are using the same Microsoft account-
If you are not using the same Microsoft account on both Your Phone and Your Phone Buddy the application may encounter this problem.
To check the "Account" settings on your phone on your phone-
1. Open "Your phone companion“On your phone.
2. Now tap the gear icon in the top right corner.
3. Now tap the "Accounts”To open the account settings on the phone.
4. Now you can see the Microsoft account you are logged into your Your phone along with your Gmail address.
Close Your Phone Buddy.
To check the 'Account' settings on your computer-
1. Press Tasto Windows + I to open Settings. Now click on "Accounts".
2. On the left side, click "Your information". You will be able to see the Microsoft account you are signed in with.
Now, check if the account you saw in Your Phone app and the account on your Windows 10 device are the same or not. If they are not the same
a. Log out of your account on Your Phone Buddy application.
B. Log in with the account you are using in Windows 10.
Your problem should be solved.
Fix-3 Use Windows App Troubleshooter-
Using the Windows Application Troubleshooter can fix the problem for you.
1. Press Tasto Windows + I open Window Settings. Now click on "Update and security”On Window Settings.
2. In the Settings window, click "Solve problems"on the left side. Scroll down to Window Settings and click "Windows Store App"And click"Run the troubleshooter".
3. The troubleshooter will run on your computer and will detect any type of application problem and suggest solutions to the problem. Click on "nextTo try the probable solution to your problem.
The computer may be restarted. After restart, try to check if the sync problem is still there or not.
Fix-4 Consenti app in background-
If the wallpaper runs out Your phone on your computer is disabled, Your phone will not work smoothly.
1. Click Search Box right next to the Windows icon and type “app in the background". Now click on "App in background“In the high search result.
2. Bottom Bottom Applications on the right side of Settings, scroll down to find “Your phone". Make sure, Your phone has changed to "SU".
Close the Settings window on your computer.
Restart your computer. After reboot, check if your phone is working fine or not.
Fix-5 Reset Phone App-
Reboot Your Phone The application can work for you.
1. Press Tasto Windows + I open Settings. Now click on "ApplicationsTo open it on your computer.
2 inch Window Settings, click "App and features"On the left and right side of the same window, scroll down and click"Your phone". Now click on "Advanced options".
3 inch Your phone settings window, click "Restart”To restore the application on your computer.
After resetting the app, the app should be set as default. Your problem should be solved.